An overview of the last day of school before Spring Break:
- 5:55am Alarm goes off.
- 6:45am Actually
drag my tired ass out of bedget up.
- 7:30am Arrive at school. Put together today’s round of materials for student-led conferences.
- 8:00am Smile with pride and love as today’s batch of my second graders lead their parents through the self-reflection and growth that they’ve experienced since the beginning of the year.
- 11:00am Realize that I’m officially on Spring Break but that I have to decide
whether to go home to sleep or stick around to do the things that I think I’m going to do over Spring Break but never actually get tohow to spend my time.
CryMeet with colleagues about the state of our hearts, the state of our stamina, and the state of our school.
Give up.Decide I’m no use to anyone in this sleepy and drained state. Go home.
- 1:17pm Crawl under my
best purchase I’ve ever made in my whole entire lifeweighted blanket.
- 4:28pm Wake up
to my alarm that I thoughtfully set so that I wouldn’t forget that I have to teach yoga tonight.
- 5:00pm Arrive at the studio. Breathe in the warm air, let my mind and body relax into Yoga Teaching Prep Mode.
- 5:30pm Teach tonight’s vinyasa flow class to 19 incredible students.
- 6:45pm Float out of the studio, feeling grateful, feeling supported, feeling humble, and feeling like a well-placed puzzle piece in my community. Know that I can handle whatever tomorrow brings.
Take-home messages from today:
- Speak your truth
- Seek to understand
- Find your people
- Yoga solves all